Saturday, April 30, 2011

A new home for the beast

After a long box checking its time to get this beast installed, lets put the I/O shield in place, just one click and it fits in perfectly.


After that is done just screw the nine motherboard screws in place. I know I love to use screw washers between ever screw which I use for noise isolation but NOT between the chassis and the motherboard, It needs to be grounded to the case so leave them away for just one time.


The next step I always do is remove the CMOS battery, and leave it out overnight. Doing that I surly now that the BIOS is reset and I replace it with a better quality one. Battery's supplied with these boards usually lay for decades in the manufactures factory and sometimes will not work for long, so I take them out and replace them, just to be sure.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home