Saturday, June 4, 2011

The creation of a turbine

Now the thermal compound is in place it's time to mount the CPU cooler on it. Reading all kind of reviews and looking trough all kinds of different test reports, Noctua topped the list every time. After doing some research I choose their newest top model the Noctua NH-D14.

Noctua's NH-D14 kit

The first thing that took my eyes is the immense work and effort they took to make this package as complete as possible from screw driver till paste and every detail fits in place, even several types of connectors to silence the fans.


The second thing made me shiver, it was the size of this thing! It is not huge this thing is just GIGANTIC, it nearly fits in my hand and I really have large hands! So keep in mind to watch the sizes of  Noctua's coolers before you order one, you really need lots of space!


If you open up the package for the first time you really thing omg what is all this, but with the easy to follow step by step guide it is really quite simple to mount this thing in place. Just remove the middle cooler, bring the whole thing in place, secure the two screws and it already is secured! After it was fixed I moved the larger cooler to the bottom, and left out the smaller one.

Noctua's NF-P14 FLX

After fixing it in place I left out the middle cooler and ordered a second large Noctua NF-P14 FLX to replace the smaller one that came with the kit, If you want to do that make sure your RAM isn't in the way, and if it fits you can create a real turbine inside your case.


For now I leave out the silencer connectors, just to be sure I don't get any heat problems.

Visit Noctua's website for more tech info at: Noctua

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home